Highlords are a powerful race of humanoids who live in the remote areas of the world. Highlords are the epitome of noble strength and intuition, standing 6 to 7 feet tall and weighing between 200 to 350 pounds. They appear much like a mix of human and elf, possessing the pointed ears, absence of facial or body hair, chiseled facial features and aptitude towards magic of the elves, in conjunction with the muscular physique, adaptability and head-strong attitude of the humans. Their appearance varies as greatly as that of humans, with pale skin, silver or golden hair and blue or green eyes being common, though dark skin is a rarity. Highlords view themselves as being touched by the gods, and have appointed themselves as guardians of the lands in which they live.
Regions: Highlords dwell in sparse but magnificent communities of 85 to 100 persons, constructed to blend with their surroundings and located where they can live in relative seclusion. Such places can range from deep in a forest grove, to high on a mountain summit, or far beneath the rocky outcrops of the barren wastelands.
Highlord Racial Traits (Advanced 17 RP)
- Type: Humanoid (0 RP)
- Ability Scores: Highlords are intelligent, agile, confident, and personable, but their form is frail. They gain +4 Charisma, +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, –2 Constitution. (2 RP)
- Medium: Highlords are Medium creatures, and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. (0 RP)
- Normal Speed: Highlords have a base speed of 30 feet. (0 RP)
- Low-Light Vision: Highlords can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light. (1 RP)
- Cold Iron Vulnerability: Highlords have vulnerability to cold iron and takes double damage from weapons made of cold iron. (–2 RP)
- Forest Stride: Highlords can move through natural difficult terrain while in forests at their normal speed. Magically altered forest terrain affects them normally. (1 RP)
- Heightened Awareness: Highlord receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception and Stealth checks. (4 RP)
- Highlord Immunities: Highlords are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects. (2 RP)
- Highlord Magic: Highlords receive a +2 racial bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. Highlords also receive a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft skill checks made to identify the properties of magic items. In addition, highlords gain the following spell-like abilities (the caster level is equal to the highlord's character level): Constant—detect magic; 1/day—abjuring step, blend, longstrider, pass without trace. The DC for the spells is equal to 10 + the spell's level + the highlord's Charisma modifier. (5 RP)
- Nimble Attacks: Highlord receives Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat. (2 RP)
- Weapon Familiarity: Highlords are proficient with longbows (including composite longbows), longswords, rapiers, and shortbows (including composite shortbows), and treat any weapon with the word “elven” in its name as a martial weapon. (2 RP)
- Languages: Highlords begin play speaking Common and Elven. Highlords with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following: Celestial, Draconic, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Orc, and Sylvan. (0 RP)