Kobolds are often resented, and seen by the other races as weak and ineffectual. Nevertheless, a few of their offspring in each generation become infused with a greater portion of their dragon heritage. Wyrmborn kobolds, as they have come to be known, are granted greater intelligence, intuition, and power, and are charged with the safekeeping of ancient dragon lore, knowledge, and magic. Once encountered, others can scarcely believe how the wyrmborn stem from the common kobold race.
Wyrmborn Kobold Racial Traits (Advanced 12 RP)
Wyrmborn kobolds have the same racial traits as other kobolds, but with the following additional traits.
- Ability Scores: Wyrmborn kobolds are like other kobolds, but possess greater intelligence, insight, and intuition than others of their race. They gain +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, in addition to the normal kobold ability scores. (4 RP)
- Arcane Heritage: Wyrmborn kobolds gain a +2 racial bonus on concentration checks made to cast arcane spells defensively. (1 RP)
- Dragon Breath: Wyrmborn kobolds gain a dragon breath from their draconic heritage. Once per day as a standard action, wyrmborn kobolds can breathe 20-foot line of dragon breath that deals 1d6 points of energy damage (Reflex save for half damage). The type of energy is determined by the wyrmborn kobold’s distance parentage as follows: acid (black or copper), cold (silver or white), electricity (blue or bronze), fire (brass, gold or red), or poison (green). The dragon breath ability is renewed after resting for 8 hours, although these hours do not need to be consecutive. (1 RP)
- Energy Resistance: Wyrmborn kobolds gain resistance 5 to the same energy as their dragon breath. (1 RP)
- Linguist: Wyrmborn kobolds play speaking Common and Draconic. Wyrmborn kobolds with high Intelligence scores can choose any language they want (except Druidic and other secret languages) (1 RP)